Product description xDeep Project Standard Full Set AL BCD
If it works why change? Because good is not good enough for XDEEP. We wanted to deconstruct the traditional wing and back plate, knowing it works, but knowing we can make it a lot better. Every element in the NX PROJECT has been developed to perfection, with no compromises in the pursuit of excellence. An investment of three years of design time, thousands of hours of testing in the water, constant refinement of the concepts and the application of advanced materials technology brought our ideas to life. Stability, Ergonomics and Safety dominated our priorities and have been delivered in the PROJECT.
INSPIRED BY THE DIVES YOU DO:
– The thrill as a wreck emerges into view as you descend the shot line? The discoveries that lie in wait in the far corners of the hull? Perhaps its reaching into the depths of the earth, where darkness is split by your light for the first time. Whatever inspires you, it has inspired us to develop the NX PROJECT to deliver that experience, expertly, safely – however deep, however far and however long you go.
– At XDEEP we are passionate about doing things better, improving and refining our products. We want BCDs to be safer, to be robust and reliable and to be more comfortable for divers. Our engineers and designers leave no stone unturned in the pursuit of this goal. From the overall design concept to the little details, everything is examined and improved. Once we have come up with the design we obssess about identifying and using the best materials.The NX Series is the culmination of our experience, expertise and passion so far. The NX collection of products has already changed dive industry thinking and has improved diver experiences from exploration cave diving to tropical reefs.
GREATER LIFT WITH LESS DRAG:
– The NX PROJECT has sufficient lift to support multiple stage diving with ease, managing to achieve this in a tightly streamlined profile. This narrower profile reduces drag, easing your resistance and effort through the water, improving gas consumption and reducing the chance of entanglement
– We have minimized the traditional dead zone found in classic wings. As a result we can give the equivalent lift of a much larger wing in a smaller, narrower and tightly streamlined shape.
Unrestricted access to valves and perfect hose routing:
– In an emergency situation every second counts so easy access to your valves is critical. As the NX inflator design is so compact, the upper wing size can be reduced and there is no impediment to quick and easy shutdowns. In addition, the extra space allows for straight and tidy hose routing. Even when fully inflated the NX wing will not pressure or bend your hoses.
Small changes can make a big difference:
– The simple direct connection to the wing greatly improves air flow in and out of the wing. As a result, buoyancy control is more precise. In addition, the inflator is very responsive, deflating faster than traditional designs.
AN ERGONOMIC BACKPLATE AT LAST!:
– The shape of the classic back plate was originally driven by the road sign it was cut out from, time perhaps for a change. Taking a proper look at the anatomy and structure of the human back, we have reinvented the concept.Enlarging the upper part of the back plate achieves better weight distribution during the dive and removes load form the lumbar region. The lower plate design, spreads the load equally well and allows for the optimal attachment of weight pockets and accessories.The new NX Series back plate is more comfortable, more stable and more protective of your back than any other classic plate.
V-shaped crotch strap:
– The NX Series harness is equipped with totally new V shaped crotch strap. The V shape is more comfortable, eliminating often uncomfortable single strap. By spreading the load in and out of the water, the V strap is a real step change forward. Long scooters become a pleasure and even large capacity twinsets and multiple stages will not become unstable.
– The combination of intelligent design, engineering innovation and advanced materials from the USA and Germany means we deliver a fully technologically driven approach. The result will we believe speak for itself when you see the system.
– CORDURA® 1100 dTEX
– Anti-bacterial coating
– TPU 0.215mm coating
– K type inflator
– Ultrasonic welding
– HF welding
– Fabric laser cutting
– Amann Serabond thread
– Triple, fully trimmed seams
– 3D Mesh
– CNC edge bevelling
– Perfect for: Deep decompression technical dives with multiple stages. Exploration diving.
– BCD sizes available: 23 kg 52 lbs
– Harness type: NX Series Standard
– Harness sizes available: For divers 175 cm and more tall (L)
– Harness adjustment: Adjusted with the tri-gliders
– Backplate pads: Standard, 3D Mesh of neutral buoyancy
– Shoulder straps padding: Optional
– Crotch strap: Comfortable V-shaped crotch strap with two cargo D-rings on the sides
– Full set weight (without weight pockets): 3.3 kg 7.3 lbs
– Buoyancy: 23 kg 52 lbs
– Type: Toroidal wing-style BCD
– Construction: Double shell
– Bladder fabric: Nylon 440 dTEX
– Spacing between backplate mounting holes: 11 inches
– Dry BC weight (without harness): 1 kg 2.2 lbs
– Type: K-Type
– Supply pressure: Between 6 bar and 17.23 bar (250 PSI)
Permissible tank parameters:
– Cylinder type: Double tank system (twinset)
– Maximum size: 2×18 L
– Diameter: Between 140 mm and 240 mm
– Water temperature: Between -2°C and 40°C
– Air temperature: Between -20°C and 60°C